Ingredients I used:
- 2 TBS Olive Oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 diced carrot
- 1 diced green pepper
- Sprinkle of Himalayan sea salt
- 3 cups soaked lentil (optional to soak)
- 8 cups organic vegetable broth (water is fine to use as well)
- 1 large diced tomato
All ingredients are organic
- In a stock pot, heat the olive oil and then add cumin seeds and turmeric until the seeds starting popping around the pot. Add in onion, carrot, bell pepper, and salt and saute for 7 minutes until everything is soft.
- Then add in the lentils, broth or water, tomatoes and bring everything to a boil. Once boiled, lower temperature and allow to simmer for 45 minutes while stirring. Cook everything until the lentils are tender and keep adding more water if the soup becomes too thick. Also add salt and pepper to your desired taste.
- Garnish with scallion, tomatoes, spices, or anything else you like!