Dinner is always packed with nutrients and flavor especially when the kids eat it too. Tonight’s is no exception and includes one of my favorite super foods; kale! This time in a soup form and just as amazing. Recipe was adapted from the eHow food blog with a slight substitution; regular lentils instead of the proposed French ones (you can use any kind you like).
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 small carrots, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, diced
- 2 celery stick, diced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 32 oz. vegetable stock (or make your own)
- 5 large kale leaves, washed & torn up into bite size pieces
- 1 1/2 cups precooked lentils
- Salt & pepper
1. Heat on olive oil onions, celery, garlic, and carrots. Saute them on medium to low heat until onion is translucent.
2. Add in the spices and stir. Then pour stock and increase heat to boil until the carrots are soft.
3. While stock is cooking add kale and lentils into the soup. Boil until the kale turns bright green and wilts just a little (about 2 minutes). Add salt and pepper to your preferred taste.