Dinner is always packed with nutrients and flavor especially when the kids eat it too. Tonight’s is no exception and includes one of my favorite super foods; kale! This time in a soup form and just as amazing. Recipe was adapted from the eHow food blog with a slight substitution; regular lentils instead of the proposed French ones (you can use any kind you like).
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 small carrots, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, diced
- 2 celery stick, diced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 32 oz. vegetable stock (or make your own)
- 5 large kale leaves, washed & torn up into bite size pieces
- 1 1/2 cups precooked lentils
- Salt & pepper
1. Heat on olive oil onions, celery, garlic, and carrots. Saute them on medium to low heat until onion is translucent.
2. Add in the spices and stir. Then pour stock and increase heat to boil until the carrots are soft.
3. While stock is cooking add kale and lentils into the soup. Boil until the kale turns bright green and wilts just a little (about 2 minutes). Add salt and pepper to your preferred taste.
The holidays were tough! In the sense that you can’t escape all the delicious, traditional food of the culture. And so what if we all ate like pigs? There is no reason that we cannot get back on track now! All it takes is getting to the supermarket, doing some delicious, organic shopping and creating a meal from your fresh ingredients.Start your juicing and start your cooking and feel better instantly!
So, dinner should be delicious, packed with flavor, and be healthy all at the same time. Well, with a stir-fry that is exactly what the whole family is getting. The dish is the perfect solution to include more vegetables and less meat into the diet. It is also packed with color, flavor, and texture.
Tonight’s dinner is a chicken stir-fry over wild rice and includes:
- Portobello mushroom
- Brussel Sprouts
- Wild Rice
- Long hot peppers
- Low sodium Say sauce
1. Prepare your wild rice.
2. Add all veggie ingredients into a pan and add soy sauce. Cook for a little until al dente style.
3. In another pan, cook pieces of chicken over olive oil for a few minutes till full cooked.
4. Combine everything and serve over wild rice.
Sometimes the mood to cook strikes and as a result there come delicious and savory meals that must be shared. This particular meal was prepped and cooked Friday night and now the recipe is here for all to try! The meal involves tuna steak and a bunch of other yummy ingredients are that are not only delicious but actually good for you!
- 2 Tuna steaks
- Garlic, minced
- Red long spicy peppers, whole
- Cilantro, chopped
- Celtic salt
- Tsp. Paprika
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
1. Sprinkle Celtic salt on tuna and let sit for about 40 min.
2. Rinse tuna of salt and now prepare the marinade. Take olive oil, paprika, and a pinch of Celtic salt to make the marinade. Pour mixture over the tuna and let it sit marinating in the fridge all day, until you are ready to cook.
3. Once tuna is in the pan, add the rest of the ingredients and begin to cook. Add a little bit of water to the pan. First simmer on low (stove top), take cover off the pan, place into the oven and set to high broil until the top is toasted and then change setting to low for a few minutes or until desired finish.
4. Serves directly out of the pan!