Being a huge advocate of a healthy lifestyle, I changed every routine in my life and that includes my usual morning coffee ritual. In the past I couldn’t leave my house without having a hot cup of coffee, now my go-to drink is a glass of warm water with raw honey…yes it’s a huge change but the benefits are worth it and I’ve never felt better.
Raw honey is simply honey that has not been heated, pasteurized or processed. It contains enzymes, natural vitamins, antioxidants, and other nutrients; all of which are destroyed during the heating and pasteurization process. Raw honey is also anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal. Some benefits of raw honey:
· Promotes digestive health
· Strengthens immune system
· Eliminated allergies
· Stabilizes blood pressure
· Balances sugar levels
· Relieves pain, calms nerves, and treats ulcers
· It is also anti-inflammatory and treats respiratory conditions
· Treats seasonal allergies
· Clears colds and sore throats
Those are just some amazing internal benefits but raw honey is also amazing for the skin:
Skin burns, rashes, and abrasions
· Remedy for skin wounds and infections
· Spot acne treatment
· Clearing and softening skin
My very simple morning drink is a full cup of warm water (not hot, not cold as these temperatures take away all the nutrients and reduce the honey to sugar) and 1 TBS of raw honey mixed in.
Enjoy and have an amazing day everyone!!
In credit to Natural News