A Facebook friend of mine gave a perfect list of foods to keep in your home at all times. The foods on this list are the best choices to keep and maintain a healthier lifestyle. Most items on the list are used for cooking while others can be used for healthy and smart snacking. Here is the list below:
(Coincidentally, I have every single one of these items in my home ALL the time!)
FOODS TO HAVE IN YOUR HOME AT ALL TIMES
1. Bragg’s raw apple cider vinegar
2. Raw organic honey
4. Organic frozen berries
5. Unsweetened almond milk/coconut milk and for a treat dark chocolate almond milk
6. Bananas (Freeze them if they get too ripe)
7. Raw almonds, walnuts, pecans, hazel nuts, brazil nuts
8. Mushrooms/ Onions/Garlic/Basil/Cilantro/Lemons/Limes
9. Sweet potatoes/Tomatoes
10. Romaine Lettuce/Kale/ Spinach/All Greens
11. Basically any fruit or veggie that you like (preferably organic)
12. Ezekiel Bread
13. Raw organic almond butter
15. Quinoa/Kasha/Brown Rice/Beans
16. Amy’s No cheese pizza
17. Chia seeds/Flax seeds
18. Hemp Seeds
19. Coconut Oil/Olive Oil
20. Chicken, fish, meat only on RARE occasions and when I am making special dinners for my carnivorous boyfriend. LOL!!!!!
*** Buy only organic: apples, celery, bell peppers, peaches, strawberries, spinach, nectarines, grapes, blueberries, lettuce, cucumbers, potatoes, tomatoes, dark leafy greens, summer squash and zucchini.
*** O.k. to buy conventional: asparagus, avocados, cabbage, cantaloupe, corn, eggplant, grapefruit, kiwi, mangoes, mushrooms, onions, papaya, pineapples, sweet peas (frozen), sweet potatoes.
(List courtesy of Michele Regev)