Evidence of the earliest soup dates as far back as about 20,000 BC. We definitely have come a long way since then. Canned soup, dried soup, hot soup, cold soup, fruit soup, just some of the different variety. Today I want to share my simple creamy tomato soup. I find it to be great for the cold winter days and super easy to make. It may also be served hot or cold.
- 4 – 5 cups crushed or diced tomatoes (don’t drain)
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- salt/pepper to taste
- chili powder to taste / or hot sauce to taste
- 2 cups of half & half / I sometimes use heavy cream
- cilantro or basil
- 1 cup of shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Place tomatoes in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- In a large stockpot melt butter and saute onions…
View original post 86 more words