Health nuts like me tend to stay on the same course when it comes to healthy eating. My love for kale is pretty evident so do not be surprised when I tell you that I love eating kale as though they are chips; yes EXACTLY like the previous Brussels spouts chips recipe, I do the same thing to my kale leaves.
Super easy and with so many variations available, I never feel like I’m eating a low calorie veggie. My Vega has THREE amazing kale chip recipes that I will definitely have to try but my simple take on it goes as as follows:
- Preheat oven to 320 F
- Wash a bunch of kale leaves (as many as you want)
- Toss with organic olive oil (just enough for a light coating), Celtic salt, and ground fresh pepper (amount varies to your taste)
- Prepare a flat pan and baking sheet and spread all the leaves out flat in a single layer
- Pop them into the oven for about 40 minutes or until they turn as crispy as you like them. (Once they begin to get crisp, they can over crisp very quickly so check on them in the last 10 min of baking)
- Enjoy and store any leftovers in an airtight container (if you can resist)
Happy Healthy Lunching everyone!!
(photo courtesy of My Vega)